Pages

Monday, March 3, 2014

Our Home

As we get closer to making dramatic changes to our cute but previously unloved 1950's ranch style home. I thought it would be fun to document taking our home from its rough appearance to hopefully a beautiful home with a fresh look and style that this place needs.

Just to give you the back story on this little charmer it was really by accident that we even ended up moving here but sometimes things are meant to be. My husband Brian and I had been living in Austin Texas and had just got married, we had been slowly looking around at homes in the Austin/Round Rock/Cedar Park area but nothing really stuck out to us. We both wanted an older home with character and most importantly space from our neighbors. What we had been seeing a lot of in the Austin area was houses stacked on top of each other and they all looked the same.....boring !

So to make this long story short...Brian (avid Zillow.com searcher) pulls up on his computer this blue home in Bryan Texas, keep in mind Bryan Texas is two hours away from Austin so I immediately said...ummm, NO! I even thought the house looked awful from the Zillow photos. Well my husband graduated from Texas A&M in the 90's which is in the town next to Bryan Texas and we just happened to be meeting some friends in that area who where nice enough to throw us an amazing party in honor of us just tying the knot.


Before we go to our get together my husband swings by this house that I absolutely hated in the photos online. I was totally shocked when we drove up, the house looked nothing like the photos and I fell in love with its charm, close proximity to the local elementary school (across the street), large front and back yard and the amount of potential I saw in this little beauty.

And within two hours we got on the phone and started writing an offer on this place, we didn't even look inside until inspection, talk about love at first sight and crazy risk taking. We love this house and it is ours, now time to make it look like ours.

No comments:

Post a Comment